Jump to Main Content
- Owolabi, Bosede O.; Musale, Vishal; Ojo, Opeolu O.; Moffett, R. Charlotte; McGahon, Mary K.; Curtis, Tim M.; Conlon, J. Michael; Flatt, Peter R.; Abdel-Wahab, Yasser H.A.
- Biochimie 2017 v.138 pp. 1-12
- glucagon-like peptide 1, etc ; Xenopus; antimicrobial properties; apoptosis; body weight; cAMP-dependent protein kinase; calcium; cyclic AMP; cytotoxicity; forskolin; frogs; glucose tolerance; hypoglycemic agents; insulin; insulin resistance; insulin secretion; intraperitoneal injection; islets of Langerhans; mice; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; patients; peptides; rats; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... PGLa-AM1 (GMASKAGSVL10GKVAKVALKA20AL.NH2) was first identified in skin secretions of the frog Xenopus amieti (Pipidae) on the basis of its antimicrobial properties. PGLa-AM1 and its [A14K] and [A20K] analogues produced a concentration-dependent stimulation of insulin release from BRIN-BD11 rat clonal β-cells without cytotoxicity at concentrations up to 3 μM. In contrast, the [A3K] analogue was cyt ...
- Henquin, Jean-Claude
- Biochimie 2017
- glucagon-like peptide 1, etc ; calcium; calcium channels; drugs; exocytosis; glucose; granules; insulin; insulin secretion; islets of Langerhans; metabolism; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; patients; plasma membrane; potassium channels; sulfonylureas; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... After 60 years of use in the treatment of type 2 diabetes, hypoglycemic sulfonylureas remain a recommended option in current therapeutic charts. Their binding to sulfonylurea receptor-1, the regulatory subunit of ATP-sensitive potassium channels in the plasma membrane of pancreatic β-cells, leads to closure of the channels, membrane depolarization and influx of Ca2+ through voltage-gated calcium c ...