Jump to Main Content
- Roychowdhury, Amlan, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biochimie 2019 v.160 pp. 1-13
- NADP (coenzyme); Staphylococcus aureus; active sites; binding sites; computer simulation; crystal structure; cysteine; cytoplasm; disulfide bonds; flavoproteins; homeostasis; oxidative stress; pathogens; stress response; thioredoxins
- ... The redox homeostasis of cytoplasm is maintained by a series of disulfide exchange reactions mediated by proteins belonging to the thioredoxin superfamily. Thioredoxin and thioredoxin reductase, being the major members of the family, play a key role in oxidative stress response of Staphylococcus aureus. In this report, we have identified and characterised an active thioredoxin system of the mentio ...
- Roychowdhury, Amlan, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biochimie 2012 v.94 no.12 pp. 2532-2544
- 2-phosphoglyceric acid; 3-phosphoglyceric acid; Coccus; Staphylococcus aureus; antibiotic resistance; bacteria; binding sites; biofilm; crystal structure; glycolysis; methicillin; pathogens; proteins; triose-phosphate isomerase
- ... Staphylococcus aureus is one of the most dreaded pathogens worldwide and emergence of notorious antibiotic resistant strains have further exacerbated the present scenario. The glycolytic enzyme, triosephosphate isomerase (TIM) is one of the cell envelope proteins of the coccus and is involved in biofilm formation. It also plays an instrumental role in adherence and invasion of the bacteria into th ...