Jump to Main Content
- Lomer, C.J.; Bateman, R.P.; Godonou, I.; Kpindou, D.; Shah, P.A.; Paraiso, A.; Prior, C.
- Biocontrol science and technology 1993 v.3 no.3 pp. 337-346
- entomopathogenic fungi; biological control agents; insect control; biological control; low volume spraying
- ... Conidia of Metarhizium flavoviride grown in diphasic culture with sporulation on rice were extracted in kerosene and formulated with peanut oil. The formulation led to high mortality when applied to field populations of Zonocerus variegatus; between 70 and 95% of insects in samples collected from the field 0, 3 or 7 days after spraying died. Sporulation of M. flavoviride was observed in 70-80% of ...
- Sandhu, S.S.; Rajak, R.C.; Agarwal, G.P.
- Biocontrol science and technology 1993 v.3 no.1 pp. 47-53
- entomopathogenic fungi; insect control; biological control; biological control agents; viability; environmental factors
- ... Unformulated conidia of Beauveria bassiana were stored at five different temperatures (0 degree 10 degrees, 20 degrees, 30 degrees and 40 degrees C) at six different relative humidities (RH) (0, 33, 53, 75, 85 and 98%). Conidial viabilities and virulence against third instar larvae of Helicoverpa armigera were determined over a 24-month period. Conidia survived longest at lower temperatures (2-20 ...