Jump to Main Content
- Ibrahim, Y.B.; Lim, T.K.; Tang, M.K.; Teng, H.M.
- Biocontrol science and technology 1993 v.3 no.1 pp. 55-61
- entomopathogenic fungi; spore germination; culture media; biological control agents; environmental factors; mass rearing
- ... Tween 70 at 0.1% provided the best conditions for germination of Aschersonia placenta. Optimum germination and growth of the germ tube occurred over a temperature range of 25-30 degrees C and a pH range of 5.0-6.0. A temperature of 30 degrees C resulted in the longest germ tube at 45 micrometers. Apparently, temperature and pH did not affect the type of germination, with polar germination being co ...
- Sandhu, S.S.; Rajak, R.C.; Agarwal, G.P.
- Biocontrol science and technology 1993 v.3 no.1 pp. 47-53
- entomopathogenic fungi; insect control; biological control; biological control agents; viability; environmental factors
- ... Unformulated conidia of Beauveria bassiana were stored at five different temperatures (0 degree 10 degrees, 20 degrees, 30 degrees and 40 degrees C) at six different relative humidities (RH) (0, 33, 53, 75, 85 and 98%). Conidial viabilities and virulence against third instar larvae of Helicoverpa armigera were determined over a 24-month period. Conidia survived longest at lower temperatures (2-20 ...