Jump to Main Content
- Gonçalves, João; Alves, Paulo; Pôças, Isabel; Marcos, Bruno; Sousa-Silva, Rita; Lomba, Ângela; Honrado, João Pradinho
- Biodiversity and conservation 2016 v.25 no.14 pp. 2867-2888
- Veronica; biodiversity; biogeography; climatic factors; evapotranspiration; habitats; land cover; landscapes; models; monitoring; phenology; prediction; primary productivity; remote sensing; satellites; soil; time series analysis; vegetation; wildfires
- ... Ongoing declines in biodiversity caused by global environmental changes call for adaptive conservation management, including the assessment of habitat suitability spatiotemporal dynamics potentially affecting species persistence. Remote sensing (RS) provides a wide-range of satellite-based environmental variables that can be fed into species distribution models (SDMs) to investigate species-enviro ...
- Kasari, Liis; Saar, Liina; de Bello, Francesco; Takkis, Krista; Helm, Aveliina
- Biodiversity and conservation 2016 v.25 no.14 pp. 3023-3041
- biodiversity conservation; chalk grasslands; ecosystems; environmental factors; functional diversity; habitats; indigenous species; land use change; landscapes; phylogeny; species diversity; Europe
- ... Calcareous grasslands have become severely threatened habitats in Europe. The aim of this study was to investigate the changes in plant species richness, and functional and phylogenetic diversity in northern Estonian calcareous (alvar) grasslands resampled after 90 years of land-use change. Functional traits characterizing species that have benefited most from decreased habitat area and altered en ...