Jump to Main Content
- Bissaro, Marcos Cesar, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biodiversity and conservation 2007 v.16 no.4 pp. 1205-1211
- agricultural land; cattle; cerrado; fauna; habitat destruction; landscapes; rare species; surveys; wildlife
- ... The wildlife of the Brazilian Cerrado is threatened by large-scale habitat loss, in particular due to conversion to agricultural land. It is essential to study how the mammal fauna copes with the highly fragmented, human-influenced, non-protected landscape. The paper presents the results of a survey of the large to medium-sized mammals of a typical cattle ranch with a mixture of human-created and ...
- Grandez, Cesar, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biodiversity and conservation 2007 v.16 no.10 pp. 2771-2787
- Euterpe precatoria; Iriartea deltoidea; Oenocarpus bataua; basins; correlation; education; foods; forest products; gender differences; livelihood; medicine; people; rain forests; socioeconomic factors; villages
- ... We used palm knowledge to understand the interaction between people and the rainforests and the factors that influence this dynamic process. We interviewed 278 informants in 12 villages in the Pastaza and Madidi areas of the western Amazon basin. Together they used 38 different palm species for 38 different uses in six use-categories (food, construction, utensils, ritual, medicine, commercial). Eu ...