Jump to Main Content
- Chapman, Pippa J.; McDonald, Adrian T.; Tyson, Rosa; Palmer, Sheila M.; Mitchell, Gordon; Irvine, Brian
- Biogeochemistry 2010 v.101 no.1-3 pp. 281-294
- adsorption; biogeochemistry; color; dissolved organic carbon; hydrochemistry; mineral soils; pH; peat; rivers; runoff; silicon; soil horizons; statistical analysis; subwatersheds; sulfur; temporal variation; England
- ... This study compares the spatial and temporal variability of water colour for fifteen sub-catchments of the River Nidd, northeast England, in 1986 and 2006/2007. Between 1986 and 2006/2007, mean annual water colour increased in all the sub-catchments. However, there was considerable variation in the increase, which ranged from 22 to 155%. Statistical analysis revealed that the sub-catchments could ...
- Arvola, Lauri; Rask, Martti; Ruuhijärvi, Jukka; Tulonen, Tiina; Vuorenmaa, Jussi; Ruoho-Airola, Tuija; Tulonen, Jouni
- Biogeochemistry 2010 v.101 no.1-3 pp. 269-279
- acid deposition; climate; color; drought; lakes; landscapes; leaching; organic matter; pH; runoff; soil types; summer; watersheds; Finland
- ... Changes in water pH and colour since the late 1980s were studied in 35 small boreal lakes of varying hydrological and landscape settings but similar climate and acid deposition. The data was collected during the autumnal overturn on the annual basis except in lake with weekly sampling during the ice-free period. In addition to the deposition data information about catchment soil types as well as l ...