Jump to Main Content
- Wayson, C.A.; Randolph, J.C.; Hanson, P.J.; Grimmond, C.S.B.; Schmid, H.P.
- Biogeochemistry 2006 v.80 no.2 pp. 173-189
- carbon dioxide, etc ; deciduous forests; ecosystem respiration; eddy covariance; forest ecosystems; growing season; models; net ecosystem production; researchers; soil respiration; soil temperature; soil water; spring; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... In forest ecosystems the single largest respiratory flux influencing net ecosystem productivity (NEP) is the total soil CO₂ efflux; however, it is difficult to make measurements of this flux that are accurate at the ecosystem scale. We examined patterns of soil CO₂ efflux using five different methods: auto-chambers, portable gas analyzers, eddy covariance along and two models parameterized with th ...
- Ise, Takeshi; Moorcroft, Paul R.
- Biogeochemistry 2006 v.80 no.3 pp. 217-231
- carbon dioxide; soil organic carbon, etc ; terrestrial ecosystems; data collection; models; soil; environmental factors; climate change; temperature; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Since the decomposition rate of soil organic carbon (SOC) varies as a function of environmental conditions, global climate change is expected to alter SOC decomposition dynamics, and the resulting changes in the amount of CO₂ emitted from soils will feedback onto the rate at which climate change occurs. While this soil feedback is expected to be significant because the amount of SOC is substantial ...