Jump to Main Content
- Thieu, Thanh; Joshi, Sneha; Warren, Samantha; Korkin, Dmitry
- Bioinformatics 2012 v.28 no.6 pp. 867-875
- artificial intelligence; bioinformatics; computer analysis; databases; genes; host-pathogen relationships; infectious diseases; information retrieval; journals; models; pathogens; protein-protein interactions; proteins
- ... MOTIVATION: In an infectious disease, the pathogen's strategy to enter the host organism and breach its immune defenses often involves interactions between the host and pathogen proteins. Currently, the experimental data on host–pathogen interactions (HPIs) are scattered across multiple databases, which are often specialized to target a specific disease or host organism. An accurate and efficient ...
- Chojnowski, Grzegorz; Bujnicki, Janusz M.; Bochtler, Matthias
- Bioinformatics 2012 v.28 no.6 pp. 880-881
- DNA; DNA-binding proteins; Internet; RNA; RNA-binding proteins; artificial intelligence; bioinformatics; computer software; crystallization; crystallography; prediction
- ... SUMMARY: Co-crystallization experiments of proteins with nucleic acids do not guarantee that both components are present in the crystal. We have previously developed DIBER to predict crystal content when protein and DNA are present in the crystallization mix. Here, we present RIBER, which should be used when protein and RNA are in the crystallization drop. The combined RIBER/DIBER suite builds on ...
- PubMed Central: