Jump to Main Content
- Thieu, Thanh; Joshi, Sneha; Warren, Samantha; Korkin, Dmitry
- Bioinformatics 2012 v.28 no.6 pp. 867-875
- artificial intelligence; bioinformatics; computer analysis; databases; genes; host-pathogen relationships; infectious diseases; information retrieval; journals; models; pathogens; protein-protein interactions; proteins
- ... MOTIVATION: In an infectious disease, the pathogen's strategy to enter the host organism and breach its immune defenses often involves interactions between the host and pathogen proteins. Currently, the experimental data on host–pathogen interactions (HPIs) are scattered across multiple databases, which are often specialized to target a specific disease or host organism. An accurate and efficient ...
- Koes, David Ryan; Camacho, Carlos J.
- Bioinformatics 2012 v.28 no.6 pp. 784-791
- bioinformatics; computer software; databases; drug therapy; drugs; physical properties; protein binding; protein-protein interactions
- ... MOTIVATION: Protein–protein interactions (PPIs) are a promising, but challenging target for pharmaceutical intervention. One approach for addressing these difficult targets is the rational design of small-molecule inhibitors that mimic the chemical and physical properties of small clusters of key residues at the protein–protein interface. The identification of appropriate clusters of interface res ...
- PubMed Central: