Jump to Main Content
- Thieu, Thanh; Joshi, Sneha; Warren, Samantha; Korkin, Dmitry
- Bioinformatics 2012 v.28 no.6 pp. 867-875
- artificial intelligence; bioinformatics; computer analysis; databases; genes; host-pathogen relationships; infectious diseases; information retrieval; journals; models; pathogens; protein-protein interactions; proteins
- ... MOTIVATION: In an infectious disease, the pathogen's strategy to enter the host organism and breach its immune defenses often involves interactions between the host and pathogen proteins. Currently, the experimental data on host–pathogen interactions (HPIs) are scattered across multiple databases, which are often specialized to target a specific disease or host organism. An accurate and efficient ...
- Dessimoz, Christophe; Gabaldón, Toni; Roos, David S.; Sonnhammer, Erik L. L.; Herrero, Javier; ,
- Bioinformatics 2012 v.28 no.6 pp. 900-904
- bioinformatics; biological speciation; genes; proteome; proteomics
- ... The identification of orthologs—genes pairs descended from a common ancestor through speciation, rather than duplication—has emerged as an essential component of many bioinformatics applications, ranging from the annotation of new genomes to experimental target prioritization. Yet, the development and application of orthology inference methods is hampered by the lack of consensus on source proteom ...
- PubMed Central: