Jump to Main Content
- Bayliak, Maria M.; Lylyk, Maria P.; Sorochynska, Oksana M.
- Biologia 2017 v.72 no.4 pp. 458-467
- Drosophila melanogaster; adults; alpha-ketoglutaric acid; antioxidant activity; cold stress; cold tolerance; cold treatment; diet; females; free amino acids; glucose; locomotion; males; metabolism; proline; rearing; tricarboxylic acid cycle
- ... Alpha-ketoglutarate (AKG), a key intermediate in the Krebs cycle and metabolism of amino acids, is one of dietary supplements studied actively during last decade. In this work, we examined the ability of dietary AKG to prevent age-related functional decline in D. melanogaster. For that, some metabolic processes and physiological functions, such as climbing activity and cold resistance, were studie ...
- Halenar, Marek; Chrastinova, Lubica; Ondruska, Lubomír; Jurcik, Rastislav; Zbynovska, Katarina; Tusimova, Eva; Kovacik, Anton; Kolesarova, Adriana
- Biologia 2017 v.72 no.4 pp. 468-474
- adults; amygdalin; animal health; anterior pituitary; apricots; body weight; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; estradiol; females; glycosides; in vivo studies; intramuscular injection; laboratory animals; luteinization; luteinizing hormone; progesterone; prolactin; rabbits; risk; seeds; testosterone; thyrotropin; triiodothyronine
- ... The present in vivo study was designed to reveal whether amygdalin is able to cause changes in the endocrine profile and thus alter the key reproductive and physiological functions, using rabbits as a biological model. 40 adult female rabbits were randomly divided into five groups: the control group without any amygdalin administration, two experimental groups received a daily intramuscular inject ...