Jump to Main Content
- Al-Safadi, Bassam
- Biologia 2008 v.63 no.2 pp. 177-182
- Daucus carota; Sphagnum; carrots; cluster analysis; electrophoresis; flowering; fruits; genetic relationships; genetic variation; greenhouses; inflorescences; isozymes; leaves; protein content; proteins; seeds; trees; Syria
- ... Syria is considered as one of the important centres for Daucus diversity including Daucus carota. Therefore, it is essential to study the distribution and characterization of these species in Syria. An exploration of plants belonging to the Apiaceae family was conducted on road and field sides in several areas of Syria. Seeds (fruits) from these plants have been also collected. The seeds were sown ...
- Ishikawa, Francine; Souza, Elaine; Davide, Livia
- Biologia 2008 v.63 no.2 pp. 156-161
- Colletotrichum lindemuthianum; Phaseolus vulgaris; anthracnose; beans; cluster analysis; cultivars; genetic variation; hyphae; random amplified polymorphic DNA technique; Brazil
- ... Colletotrichum lindemuthianum, the causal agent of anthracnose in the common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris), presents a wide genetic and pathogenic variability that gives rise to complications in the development of resistant bean cultivars. The aim of this study was to identify the variability within race 65 of C. lindemuthianum, the race most commonly encountered in Brazil, through randomly amplified ...