Jump to Main Content
- Filella, I., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biologia plantarum 2007 v.51 no.2 pp. 372-376
- Quercus ilex; air; chromatography; emissions; fumigation; leaves; mass spectrometry; methyl salicylate; monoterpenoids; temperature
- ... We aimed to assess the potential effects of fumigation by methyl salicylate (MeSA) on plant monoterpene production and emissions. We evaluated monoterpene production and emissions both by chromatographic and proton transfer reaction mass spectrometry at the whole plant-and leaf-scales, in MeSa-fumigated (ca. 60 mm³ m-³ in air) and control (without MeSa fumigation) holm oak (Quercus ilex L.) plants ...
- Filella, I., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biologia plantarum 2009 v.53 no.2 pp. 351-354
- Quercus ilex; diurnal variation; drought; emissions; isoprene; leaves; light intensity; monoterpenoids; photosynthesis; seedlings; temperature
- ... We followed the diurnal cycles of isoprenoid emissions from Quercus ilex seedlings under drought and after re-watering. We found that Quercus ilex, generally considered a non-isoprene emitter, also emitted isoprene although at low rates. The emission rates of isoprene reached 0.37 ± 0.02 nmol m⁻² s⁻¹ in controls, 0.15 ± 0.03 nmol m⁻² s⁻¹ under drought and 0.35 ± 0.04 nmol m⁻² s⁻¹ after re-watering ...