Jump to Main Content
- Gambelli, Danilo; Solfanelli, Francesco; Zanoli, Raffaele
- Biological agriculture & horticulture 2018 v.34 no.3 pp. 186-198
- farmers; horticulture; models; organic certification; organic production; risk; statistical analysis
- ... This paper investigated if the inspection procedures in organic certification may be improved exploiting information that is generally available from the control bodies involved in the certification process. The analysis was based on data from the archives of one of the largest Italian organic control bodies, containing information on operators’ characteristics, and including: risk scores for farm ...
- Douds, David D.; Lee, Joe; McKeever, Lindsay; Duffield, Ross; Ziegler-Ulsh, Christine; Moyer, Jeff
- Biological agriculture & horticulture 2018 v.34 no.3 pp. 199-210
- Allium porrum; biomass; crop yield; farmers; fungal communities; horticulture; leeks; mycorrhizae; mycorrhizal fungi; organic production; planting; roots; seedbeds; seedlings; seeds; soil; weed control
- ... Among weed control tools available to organic farmers are a variety of stale seedbed techniques. Stale seedbed methods create a surface layer of soil depleted in viable weed seeds through repetitive cycles of seed germination followed by cultivation to uproot and kill those seedlings. Two experiments were conducted to examine the impact of two stale seedbed techniques, roto-tilling and spading (ea ...