Jump to Main Content
- Jönsson, Annelie M.; Ekroos, Johan; Dänhardt, Juliana; Andersson, Georg K.S.; Olsson, Ola; Smith, Henrik G.
- Biological conservation 2015 v.184 pp. 51-58
- intensive farming, etc ; Bombus; Syrphidae; agricultural land; farms; flowers; industrialization; landscapes; natural resources conservation; nesting; pollinators; solitary bees; Sweden; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Pollinator populations have suffered severe declines in many industrialised countries due to reduced floral and nesting resources, brought on by agricultural intensification. One potential method of mitigating these effects is creating flower strips. Most previous studies have shown higher pollinator abundances in flower strips, but none have been able to demonstrate increased pollinator abundance ...
- Plieninger, Tobias; Hartel, Tibor; Martín-López, Berta; Beaufoy, Guy; Bergmeier, Erwin; Kirby, Keith; Montero, María Jesús; Moreno, Gerardo; Oteros-Rozas, Elisa; Van Uytvanck, Jan
- Biological conservation 2015 v.190 pp. 70-79
- intensive farming, etc ; Common Agricultural Policy; aesthetics; biodiversity; biogeography; cultural heritage; cultural values; development policy; ecological value; ecosystems; genetic resources; habitats; land management; landscapes; natural resources conservation; rural development; social benefit; Eastern European region; Europe; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Wood-pastures are archetypes of High Nature Value Farmlands in Europe and hold exceptional ecological, social, and cultural values. Yet, wood-pastures have been through a sharp decline all over Europe, mainly due to processes of agricultural intensification and abandonment. Recently, wood-pastures have found increasing attention from conservation science and policy across Europe. In this paper we ...