Jump to Main Content
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biological conservation 2015 v.191 pp. 139-149
- Diptera; Isoptera; biodiversity; boreal forests; dead wood; decayed wood; fungi; meta-analysis; natural resources conservation; tropics
- ... The importance of dead wood for biodiversity is widely recognized but strategies for conservation exist only in some regions worldwide. Most strategies combine knowledge from observational and experimental studies but remain preliminary as many facets of the complex relationships are unstudied. In this first global review of 79 experimental studies addressing biodiversity patterns in dead wood, we ...
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biological conservation 2018 v.228 pp. 70-78
- Coleoptera; Heteroptera; biodiversity; biodiversity conservation; birds; conservation areas; dead wood; forest reserves; forests; fungi; plants (botany); wood
- ... Integrative management strategies that simultaneously aim for wood production and biodiversity conservation are considered crucial to protect biodiversity of forest species outside protected areas. In this study, we evaluated whether deadwood enrichment as an integrative strategy at a scale of 17,000 ha resulted in enhanced biodiversity of saproxylic and non-saproxylic taxa eight years after the i ...