Jump to Main Content
- Jabado, Rima W., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Biological conservation 2019
- cooperative research; ethics; fish; ichthyology; natural resources conservation; planning
- ... Conservation science is crucial to global conservation efforts, and often involves projects where foreign scientists visit a host country to conduct research. Science can significantly contribute to conservation efforts in host countries. However, poorly conceived and implemented projects can lead to poor conservation outcomes, cause negative impacts on communities, and compromise future research. ...
- Jabado, Rima W., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biological conservation 2015 v.181 pp. 190-198
- Alopiidae; DNA barcoding; Lamnidae; Sphyrnidae; extinction; fins; fisheries; interviews; natural resources conservation; risk; sharks; surveys; trade; China; Indian Ocean; Oman; United Arab Emirates
- ... The rapid growth in the demand for shark products, particularly fins, has led to the worldwide overexploitation of many elasmobranch species. Although there are growing concerns about this largely unregulated and unmonitored trade, little information still exists about its dynamics, the species involved and the impact of this pressure on stocks in various regions. Our study provides the first atte ...