Jump to Main Content
- Janssen, A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biological control 2008 v.44 no.3 pp. 372-379
- Frankliniella occidentalis; Trialeurodes vaporariorum; Amblyseius; Euseius; predatory mites; biological control agents; predation; predator-prey relationships; population density; interspecific competition; insect control; Cucumis sativus; cucumbers
- ... We studied the capacity of one species of predator to control two major pests of greenhouse crops, Western flower thrips (Frankliniella occidentalis (Pergande)) and the greenhouse whitefly (Trialeurodes vaporariorum (Westwood)). In such a one-predator-two-prey system, indirect interactions can occur between the two pest species, such as apparent competition and apparent mutualism. Whereas apparent ...
- Janssen, A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biological control 2007 v.42 no.2 pp. 105-109
- Tetranychus urticae; mite control; biological control agents; predatory mites; Phytoseiulus; predation; developmental stages; oviposition; Fragaria; strawberries; tropics
- ... The two-spotted spider mite Tetranychus urticae Koch (Acari: Tetranychidae) is one of the most important pests of many crops in temperate and tropical climates. Chemical control is the main method of combating this mite, but it is less preferred due to the development of resistance as well as environmental problems associated with the use of pesticides. Biological control of spider mites has been ...