Jump to Main Content
- Hudina, Sandra; Žganec, Krešimir; Hock, Karlo
- Biological invasions 2015 v.17 no.11 pp. 3101-3112
- population distribution, etc ; Pacifastacus leniusculus; aggression; crayfish; ecological invasion; habitats; invasive species; population density; population dynamics; Croatia; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Aggressive interactions are essential for resource distribution and population dynamics of many animal species. Aggression can also help invasive species to wrestle the resources from other species and invade new habitat. To examine the effects of intra-species aggression on range expansion, we compared aggression levels of signal crayfish (Pacifastacus leniusculus) at the core and front of the in ...
- Fraser, Ceridwen I.; Banks, Sam C.; Waters, Jonathan M.
- Biological invasions 2015 v.17 no.1 pp. 1-8
- population distribution, etc ; colonizing ability; dispersal behavior; founder effect; gene flow; invasive species; population density; species dispersal; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Molecular analyses are frequently used to assess biological gene flow and dispersal, yet recent data suggest that the operation of density-dependent priority effects often leads to underestimation of species movement patterns and associated invasive potential. Although individual movement is broadly considered to promote connectivity among populations, emerging genetic evidence on a range of scale ...