Jump to Main Content
- Ronald E. Thresher; Keith Hayes; Nicholas J. Bax; John Teem; Tillmann J. Benfey; Fred Gould
- Biological invasions 2014 v.16 no.6 pp. 1201-1216
- biological control; fish; genes; genetic techniques and protocols; insect pests; integrated pest management; invasive species; issues and policy; males; models; sterile insect technique; triploidy; United States
- ... Genetic options for the control of invasive fishes were recently reviewed and synthesized at a 2010 international symposium, held in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN, USA. The only option currently available “off-the-shelf” is triploidy, which can be used to produce sterile males for a release program analogous to those widely and successfully used for biological control of insect pests. However, the Troj ...
- Torok, K.; Botta-Dukat, Z.; Dancza, I.; Nemeth, I.; Kiss, J.; Mihaly, B.; Magyar, D.
- Biological invasions 2003 v.5 no.4 pp. 349-356
- ecological invasion; invasive species; introduced plants; weeds; insect pests; crops; fish; aquatic habitat; agricultural land; rural areas; forests; grasslands; land management; mammals; human health; allergens; laws and regulations; pest monitoring; weed control; Hungary