Jump to Main Content
- Abom, Rickard; Parsons, Scott A.; Schwarzkopf, Lin
- Biological invasions 2016 v.18 no.11 pp. 3319-3332
- Themeda, etc ; Heteropogon contortus; Isoodon macrourus; Planigale; Pseudomys gracilicaudatus; biodiversity; burning; ecological invasion; fauna; grasses; habitats; indigenous species; invasive species; mice; savannas; vegetation structure; wildfires; Queensland; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Invasive non-native grasses can greatly alter habitat structure. Land managers use fire to reduce invasive grass infestations, a strategy which is intended, at least in part, to reduce the impact of wildfires on fauna. The response of fauna to fire in invasive grass environments may be complex. To examine the responses of fauna to fire and invasive grass we compared mammal richness and abundance i ...
- Hacking, Jessica; Abom, Rickard; Schwarzkopf, Lin
- Biological invasions 2014 v.16 no.4 pp. 935-947
- Themeda, etc ; ambient temperature; fauna; food availability; grasses; habitat preferences; habitats; indigenous species; introduced plants; invasive species; lizards; savannas; vegetation structure; weeds; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Australian tropical savanna by grader grass (Themeda quadrivalvis); an understudied ...