Jump to Main Content
- Hammer, Michael P.; Unmack, Peter J.; Adams, Mark; Raadik, Tarmo A.; Johnson, Jerald B.
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2014 v.111 no.3 pp. 521-540
- Percichthyidae; biodiversity; biogeography; freshwater; freshwater fish; introns; loci; taxonomy; uncertainty; Australia
- ... Freshwater biodiversity is under ever increasing threat from human activities, and its conservation and management require a sound knowledge of species‐level taxonomy. Cryptic biodiversity is a common feature for aquatic systems, particularly in Australia, where recent genetic assessments suggest that the actual number of freshwater fish species may be considerably higher than currently listed. Th ...
- Bull, James K.; Sunnucks, Paul
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2014 v.111 no.3 pp. 589-602
- Euperipatoides; assortative mating; cytochrome-c oxidase; forests; gene flow; genes; habitats; hybridization; hybrids; microsatellite repeats; races; Australia
- ... Genetic studies have revealed a large degree of previously unappreciated diversity in morphologically conserved taxa. To understand the implications of this phenomenon, studies investigating the processes responsible for generating and maintaining functional and neutral diversity within such taxa are needed. With this aim, patterns of differentiation across a contact zone between two catchment‐spe ...