Jump to Main Content
- Page, Timothy J.; Hughes, Jane M.
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2014 v.111 no.3 pp. 554-569
- Crustacea; basins; climate change; fish; freshwater; genetic distance; phylogeography; rivers; watersheds; Queensland
- ... Many single‐species freshwater phylogeographic studies have been carried out in south‐east Queensland; however comparative phylogeography requires multiple lines of evidence to infer deep, significant relationships between landscape and biota. The present study aimed to test conclusions resulting from single taxon studies in a multispecies comparative framework: (1) how influential are river basin ...
- Culumber, Zachary W.; Monks, Scott
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2014 v.111 no.3 pp. 504-510
- acclimation; body condition; climate change; freshwater fish; genetic variation; heat stress; heat tolerance; interspecific variation; temperature
- ... Considerable attention has been given to the potential impacts of global climate change on biodiversity. In the present study, we combine understudied themes by examining the ability of a freshwater fish (polymorphic for heat‐sensitivity) to respond to short‐term thermal stress mimicking an extreme temperature event. We simultaneously measured the effect of thermal stress on the body condition of ...