Jump to Main Content
- Page, Timothy J.; Hughes, Jane M.
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2014 v.111 no.3 pp. 554-569
- Crustacea; basins; climate change; fish; freshwater; genetic distance; phylogeography; rivers; watersheds; Queensland
- ... Many single‐species freshwater phylogeographic studies have been carried out in south‐east Queensland; however comparative phylogeography requires multiple lines of evidence to infer deep, significant relationships between landscape and biota. The present study aimed to test conclusions resulting from single taxon studies in a multispecies comparative framework: (1) how influential are river basin ...
- Diaz Pauli, Beatriz; Heino, Mikko
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2014 v.111 no.3 pp. 485-503
- evolution; fish; fisheries; fisheries management; harvesting
- ... There is evidence that fisheries are altering the phenotypic composition of fish populations, often in ways that may reduce the value of fish stocks for the exploiters. Despite the increasing number of theoretical and field studies, there is still debate as to whether these changes are genetic, can be reversed, and are occurring rapidly enough to be considered in fisheries management. We review th ...