Jump to Main Content
- Dennenmoser, Stefan; Rogers, Sean M.; Vamosi, Steven M.
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2014 v.113 no.4 pp. 943-957
- Cottus asper; developmental stages; ecotypes; estuaries; freshwater; gene flow; genetic variation; habitats; life history; microsatellite repeats; population structure; rivers; British Columbia
- ... Life‐history transitions have evolved repeatedly in numerous taxa, although the ecological and evolutionary conditions favouring such transitions in the presence of gene flow remain poorly understood. The present study aimed to disentangle the effects of isolation‐by‐distance and isolation‐by‐environment on genetic differentiation between two sympatric life‐history ecotypes. Using 14 microsatellit ...
- Liu, Shang‐Yin Vanson; Chang, Feng‐Ting; Borsa, Philippe; Chen, Wei‐Jen; Dai, Chang‐Feng
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2014 v.113 no.4 pp. 931-942
- Dascyllus; corals; cytochrome b; fish; genetic variation; habitat destruction; habitats; microsatellite repeats; phylogeography; sea level; Pacific Ocean; Red Sea; Society Islands
- ... The phylogeographical structure of coral‐associated reef fishes may have been severely affected, more than species from deeper habitats, by habitat loss during periods of low sea level. The humbug damselfish, Dascyllus aruanus, is widely distributed across the Indo‐West Pacific, and exclusively inhabits branching corals. We used mitochondrial cytochrome b sequence and seven microsatellite loci on ...