Jump to Main Content
- SEGURA, DIEGO F.; VERA, M. TERESA; RULL, JUAN; WORNOAYPORN, VIWAT; ISLAM, AMIRUL; ROBINSON, ALAN S.
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2011 v.102 no.2 pp. 346-354
- Anastrepha fraterculus; assortative mating; courtship; females; hybrids; males; maternal lineage; reproductive isolation; sex pheromones
- ... Reproductive isolation among populations of Anastrepha fraterculus has been found acting at the pre- and post-zygotic levels. Differences in timing of sexual activity and male sexual pheromone composition among populations could partially account for prezygotic isolation. Hybrid males were found to produce a novel pheromone, which is a mix of parental pheromones. In the present study, we found tha ...
- VEDENINA, VARVARA
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2011 v.102 no.2 pp. 275-291
- assortative mating; courtship; covariance; genes; grasshoppers; hybrids; introgression; loci; phenotype; variance; vegetation
- ... Closely related grasshopper species of the Chorthippus albomarginatus group are notable for their extremely complex courtship songs, accompanied by a visual display. Two species of this group, Ch. albomarginatus and Ch. oschei, were previously shown to hybridize in a wide mosaic hybrid zone in Ukraine and Moldova. In this paper, variation in five courtship song characters, one character of visual ...