Jump to Main Content
- MOUSSEAU, TONYA; SIKES, DEREK S.
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2011 v.102 no.2 pp. 311-333
- DNA barcoding; Nicrophorus; allopatry; discriminant analysis; genes; genetic distance; genetic variation; mitochondrial DNA; morphometry; new species; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny
- ... Allopatric populations that show genetic differentiation but lack phenotypic diagnosability are difficult to classify. In 1946, Arnett described a new species of burying beetle (Silphidae: Nicrophorus) from Luzon Island, Philippines, Nicrophorus benguetensis. In 2002, Sikes et al., finding the species to be inconsistently diagnosable, synonymized N. benguetensis under Nicrophorus nepalensis Hope 1 ...
- THIERRY, DOMINIQUE; CANARD, MICHEL; DEUTSCH, BRUNO; VENTURA, MARIA A.; LOURENÇO, PAULA; LODÉ, THIERRY
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2011 v.102 no.2 pp. 292-300
- Chrysoperla carnea; adults; courtship; cytochrome b; genetic distance; genetic relationships; microhabitats; mitochondrial DNA; phenotypic variation; surveys; sympatry; Europe
- ... Competitive interactions among the three common green lacewing species of the Chrysoperla complex in Europe are presented. Four morphological characters were registered as semi-quantitative traits to assess variation between populations. Data were obtained from 325 adults originating from 14 locations. A statistical approach was performed in conjunction with observations of ecological traits and a ...