Jump to Main Content
- THIERRY, DOMINIQUE; CANARD, MICHEL; DEUTSCH, BRUNO; VENTURA, MARIA A.; LOURENÇO, PAULA; LODÉ, THIERRY
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2011 v.102 no.2 pp. 292-300
- Chrysoperla carnea; adults; courtship; cytochrome b; genetic distance; genetic relationships; microhabitats; mitochondrial DNA; phenotypic variation; surveys; sympatry; Europe
- ... Competitive interactions among the three common green lacewing species of the Chrysoperla complex in Europe are presented. Four morphological characters were registered as semi-quantitative traits to assess variation between populations. Data were obtained from 325 adults originating from 14 locations. A statistical approach was performed in conjunction with observations of ecological traits and a ...
- BARTON, PHILIP S.; GIBB, HELOISE; MANNING, ADRIAN D.; LINDENMAYER, DAVID B.; CUNNINGHAM, SAUL A.
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2011 v.102 no.2 pp. 301-310
- Carabidae; Curculionidae; Scarabaeidae; Staphylinidae; abdomen; body length; diet; microhabitats; phylogeny; trees
- ... We explored how morphological traits can complement phylogenetic information to extend our predictions of the ecology of a diverse beetle assemblage. We analysed ten morphological traits from an assemblage of 239 species from 35 families, and identified three axes of morphological variation that were independent of body length: (1) relative robustness; (2) relative appendage length; and (3) relati ...