Jump to Main Content
- ALCANTARA, SUZANA; LOHMANN, LÚCIA G.
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2011 v.102 no.2 pp. 378-390
- Bignoniaceae; calyx; corolla; gynoecium; lianas; natural selection; phylogeny; pollen; pollinators; tropics
- ... The diversity of floral forms has long been considered a prime example of radiation through natural selection. However, little is still known about the evolution of floral traits, a critical piece of evidence for the understanding of the processes that may have driven flower evolution. We studied the pattern of evolution of quantitative floral traits in a group of Neotropical lianas (Bignonieae, B ...
- OŻGO, MAŁGORZATA
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2011 v.102 no.2 pp. 251-262
- Cepaea nemoralis; habitats; morphs; natural selection; phenotype; snails
- ... The present study reports on a natural experiment with twelve replicates in which rapid, predictable and consistent divergence of Cepaea nemoralis populations occurred in response to repeated selection gradient of adjacent open and shaded habitats. Because the frequencies of various genetically-based phenotypes varied widely among surveyed populations, and there was a large overlap between habitat ...