Jump to Main Content
- REINHOLD, KLAUS
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 1994 v.52 no.4 pp. 305-316
- Poecilimon; Tettigoniidae; X chromosome; body size; crossing; femur; genes; hybrids; inheritance (genetics); male fertility; males; spermatozoa; testes
- ... The inheritance of three parameters of body size: body mass, hind femur length and pronotum length, and of three measurements of male fertility: testis mass, relative testis mass (as part of body mass) and sperm number per spermatophore, were examined in crosses between the bushcricket subspecies Poecilimon veluchianus veluchianus and P. v. minor. Body size parameters differed surprisingly in thei ...
- SCHILTHUIZEN, MENNO
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 1994 v.52 no.4 pp. 317-324
- Gastropoda; crossing; electrophoresis; isozymes; reproductive isolation; snails
- ... Parapatric, morphologically characterized forms of the Mediterranean snail genus Albinaria have traditionally been regarded as biological species. Recently, this view has been challenged on the basis of small interspecific genetic distances and cross-breeding experiments. In order to test whether traditionally recognized species are reproductively isolated lineages, two cases of syntopy were analy ...