Jump to Main Content
- REINHOLD, KLAUS
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 1994 v.52 no.4 pp. 305-316
- Poecilimon; Tettigoniidae; X chromosome; body size; crossing; femur; genes; hybrids; inheritance (genetics); male fertility; males; spermatozoa; testes
- ... The inheritance of three parameters of body size: body mass, hind femur length and pronotum length, and of three measurements of male fertility: testis mass, relative testis mass (as part of body mass) and sperm number per spermatophore, were examined in crosses between the bushcricket subspecies Poecilimon veluchianus veluchianus and P. v. minor. Body size parameters differed surprisingly in thei ...
- STEVENS, J.P.; BOUGOURD, S.M.
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 1994 v.52 no.4 pp. 357-363
- Allium schoenoprasum; Liliaceae; bulbs; hybrids; mitosis; rivers; roots
- ... In Allium schoenoprasum, small, dichromatic B-chromosomes occur in 74% of plants at Lac de Tracens, Pare National des Pyrénées. B-chromosomes from Lac de Tracens were compared with the previously well characterized Bs from British populations of A. schoenoprasum at the River Wye, Powys, and were found to differ in terms of both their morphology and the level of mitotic instability. At Lac de Trace ...