Jump to Main Content
- Nevo, E.; Beiles, A.; Zohary, D.
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 1986 v.27 no.4 pp. 355-380
- Hordeum vulgare subsp. spontaneum; wild plants; genetic resources; genetic variation; alleles; evolution; plant breeding; population genetics; geographical distribution; Israel; Iran; Turkey (country)
- ... Genetic diversity and structure of populations of the wild progenitor of barley, Hordeum spontaneum, from three countries, Israel, Turkey and Iran, in the Near East Fertile Crescent, are compared and contrasted. The analysis is based on electrophoretically discernible allozymic variation in proteins encoded by 27 shared loci in 2125 individuals representing 52 populations of wild barley. The resul ...
- Wulff, Janie L.
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 1986 v.27 no.4 pp. 311-330
- clones; color; coral reefs; evolution; Caribbean
- ... Populations of three branching Caribbean demosponge species are composed of clones produced by asexual fragmentation. Dispersal of the fragments before they become established as independent individuals scatters clone members widely and intermixes members of different clones, complicating study of the clone structure of these populations and contrasting with many other sessile clonal organisms. Cl ...