Jump to Main Content
- LIDDLE, M. J.; HAPPEY-WOOD, C. M.; BUSE, A.
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 1979 v.11 no.1 pp. 77-101
- chemistry; invertebrates; lakes; macrophytes; mechanical damage; nitrogen; phytoplankton; pollution; recreation; regression analysis; surveys; zinc
- ... This study was undertaken to examine the present condition of the lakes and to assess the likely consequences of increased use for recreation. Some physical and chemical aspects of the lakes and their waters were measured and the macrophytes, phytoplankton and larger invertebrates were surveyed in June and July 1973. The type of recreation enjoyed at each lake was also recorded. The lakes were all ...
- LOMBARD, R. ERIC _; BOLT, JOHN R.
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 1979 v.11 no.1 pp. 19-76
- Anura; Caudata; Gymnophiona; Paleozoic era; ancestry; birds; ears; evolution; fossils; frogs; hearing; mammals; nerve tissue; reptiles
- ... The dominant view of tetrapod otic evolution–the “standard view”–holds that the tympanum developed very early in tetrapod history and is homologous in all tetrapods and that the opercular process of the rhipidistian hyomandibula is homologous to the tympanic process of the stapes in lower tetrapods. Under that view, the labyrinthodont amphibians of the Paleozoic are usually considered ancestral to ...