Jump to Main Content
- HOLLOWAY, J. D.
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 1970 v.2 no.4 pp. 259-286
- altitude; birds; cluster analysis; fauna; flora; glaciation; habitats; moths; phytogeography; rain forests; Borneo
- ... In this paper the collection and analysis of a sample of moths made on an altitude transect on Mt. Kinabalu, Sabah, are described. The geological and phytogeographical histories of the mountain are reviewed. Single-link cluster analysis is used to pick out faunal elements in the transect. The geographical affinities of the species composing these elements are investigated and discussed. As with ...
- GOLDSMITH, F. B.; MUNTON, R. J. C.; WARREN, A.
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 1970 v.2 no.4 pp. 287-306
- ecology; questionnaires; recreation; soil; vegetation; United Kingdom
- ... Questionnaires in the form of maps were used in the Isles of Scilly with the aim of developing quantitative and objective techniques for studying the effects of visitors on semi-natural areas. Maps were prepared of intensity of visitor use and distribution of various activities; these were compared with maps of plant communities. In addition photographic, observational and electronic people-counte ...