Jump to Main Content
- Johannesen, Jes; Lubin, Yael; Laufs, Tilmann; Seitz, Alfred
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2005 v.84 no.4 pp. 739-754
- Araneae; allozymes; deserts; dry environmental conditions; gene flow; habitats; mitochondrial DNA; phytogeography; topography; vegetation; watersheds; zoogeography; Israel
- ... Israel marks a crossroads between three continents encompassing several phytogeographical and zoogeographical zones. In this complex area, the flow of species from different biogeographical regions creates opportunities to study how geographical division and colonization routes affect current distribution and structure of resident populations of organisms associated with desert and arid environmen ...
- Brändle, Martin; Knoll, Steffi; Eber, Sabine; Stadler, Jutta; Brandl, Roland
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2005 v.84 no.4 pp. 775-783
- Urophora; allozymes; genetic distance; host plants; phylogeny; phytophagous insects; prediction; topology; trees
- ... Synchronous speciation of hosts and herbivorous insects predicts a congruent topology of host and insect phylogenies and similar evolutionary ages of host and insect taxa. To test these predictions for the specialized herbivorous fly genus Urophora (Diptera: Tephritidae), we used three different approaches. (i) We generated a phylogenetic tree of 11 European Urophora species from allozyme data and ...