Jump to Main Content
- Mohammed, Menatallah M.; Sallam, Alaa El-Din; Hussein, Aida A.; Ibrahim, Zohour N.
- Biological rhythm research 2018 v.49 no.2 pp. 175-185
- Oscillatoria; beta-carotene; blood serum; circadian rhythm; locomotion; melatonin; monitoring; rats; wheels
- ... Circadian and stress systems have a crucial role in adaptation of organisms to environmental challenges. This study investigates the ability of Oscillatoria brevis (O. brevis) β-carotene extract (βC) in modulating the circadian alternations of locomotor activity (LA) and serum melatonin (M) rhythms under chronic unpredictable stress (CUS) in rats. Twenty rats (5 rats/group) were used in monitoring ...
- Song, Youngju; Choi, Geunhoon; Jang, Laeguen; Kim, Seo-Woo; Jung, Ki-Hong; Park, Hyon
- Biological rhythm research 2018 v.49 no.2 pp. 237-245
- athletes; blood; circadian rhythm; exercise; gene expression; genes; males; melatonin
- ... The circadian rhythm is a 24-h cycle in which cells control metabolic and physiological processes throughout the day. In this study, we compared the expression patterns of major circadian rhythm-related genes: from blood of Bmal1, Ror-α, Cry1, Per2, Per1, and Nr1d1. In addition, changes in patterns of melatonin levels were observed in 16 subjects, eight males rugby players and eight males who did ...