Jump to Main Content
- Putilov, Arcady A.; Ivanov, Igor D.; Nechunaev, Victor V.; Vavilin, Valentin A.
- Biological rhythm research 2018 v.49 no.2 pp. 277-290
- alleles; ancestry; circadian clocks; females; gene frequency; genotype-phenotype correlation; genotyping; loci; single nucleotide polymorphism; students
- ... Individual differences studied by chronobiologists and personality psychologists are usually shaped by polygenic selection occurring by small allele frequency shifts spreading across many loci. Therefore, the candidate gene association studies suffer from increased likelihood of false positive findings. We previously associated a PER3 single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP, rs228697) with self-rating ...
- Latif, R.; Rafique, N.; Salem, A. M.; AlSheikh, Mona H.; Chathoth, S.
- Biological rhythm research 2018 v.49 no.2 pp. 169-174
- adiponectin; blood serum; body mass index; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; estradiol; females; kisspeptin; leptin; menstrual cycle; students
- ... We analyzed the association between kisspeptin and plasma adipokines (leptin and adiponectin) in normal-weight and over-weight young females. Thirty young Saudi females, based on their body mass index (BMI), were divided into two groups (15 students/group) as (1) Normal weight (NW): BMI = 18.5–24.99 and (2) Over-weight/obese (OW): BMI ≥ 25. Serum adipokines (leptin, adiponectin) and kisspeptin lev ...