Jump to Main Content
- Song, Youngju; Choi, Geunhoon; Jang, Laeguen; Kim, Seo-Woo; Jung, Ki-Hong; Park, Hyon
- Biological rhythm research 2018 v.49 no.2 pp. 237-245
- athletes; blood; circadian rhythm; exercise; gene expression; genes; males; melatonin
- ... The circadian rhythm is a 24-h cycle in which cells control metabolic and physiological processes throughout the day. In this study, we compared the expression patterns of major circadian rhythm-related genes: from blood of Bmal1, Ror-α, Cry1, Per2, Per1, and Nr1d1. In addition, changes in patterns of melatonin levels were observed in 16 subjects, eight males rugby players and eight males who did ...
- Zakharenko, Lyudmila P.; Petrovsky, Dmitriy V.; Putilov, Arcady A.
- Biological rhythm research 2018 v.49 no.6 pp. 916-926
- Drosophila melanogaster; Pisum sativum; athletes; bioactive properties; circadian clocks; circadian rhythm; drugs; fruit flies; heart failure; locomotion; myocardial infarction; peas; photoperiod; seed germination; seeds; therapeutics
- ... Meldonium is used clinically as an anti-ischaemic drug to treat myocardial infarction and chronic heart failure, and it had become a news making substance after the banning several elite athletes including Maria Sharapova from competitions. Despite this, the majority of possible biological effects of meldonium remained unexplored. We tested two effects, I) on the circadian clocks of fruit fly (Dro ...