Jump to Main Content
- Yoshida, Munehiro; Nakagawa, Mikihito; Hosomi, Ryota; Nishiyama, Toshimasa; Fukunaga, Kenji
- Biological trace element research 2015 v.165 no.1 pp. 75-80
- rats, etc ; adverse effects; blood serum; diet; drinking water; kidneys; liver; males; models; molybdates; molybdenum; renal function; sodium; sulfite oxidase; tungsten; uric acid; xanthine oxidase; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Organ molybdenum (Mo) concentration and the activity of hepatic sulfite oxidase and xanthine oxidase were compared in tungsten-administered rats as well as rats fed with a low Mo diet to evaluate the use of tungsten-administered rats as a model of Mo deficiency. Twenty-four male 6-week-old Wistar rats were divided into four groups according to diet (AIN93G diet (control diet) or the control diet m ...
- Ackerman, Zvi; Pappo, Orit; Link, Gabriela; Glazer, Maya; Grozovski, Maria
- Biological trace element research 2015 v.163 no.1-2 pp. 169-176
- rats, etc ; apoptosis; blood serum; diet; glutathione; hepatotoxicity; iron; iron overload; liver; liver diseases; necrosis; toxins; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... An increase in hepatic iron concentration might exacerbate liver injury. However, it is unknown whether hepatic iron overload may exacerbate acute liver injury from various toxins. Therefore, we evaluated how manipulations to increase hepatic iron concentration affected the extent of acute liver injury from thioacetamide. In this study, we used rats with either “normal” or increased hepatic iron c ...