Jump to Main Content
- Wouwe, J.P. van; Veldhuizen, M.
- Biological trace element research 1994 v.46 no.3 pp. 261-268
- zinc; rats; animal tissues; body weight; weight gain; potassium; blood pressure; growth retardation; mineral metabolism; diet; mineral content; nutrient-nutrient interactions; nutritional status; nutrient deficiencies
- Uthus, Eric O.
- Biological trace element research 1994 v.46 no.3 pp. 247
- arsenic; trace elements; nutrient deficiencies; adverse effects; glutathione transferase; enzyme activity; liver; calcium; kidneys; methionine; amino acid metabolism; males; females; rats
- ... An experiment was performed to determine the effect of diethyl maleate (DEM), an in vivo depletor of glutathione, on the response of male and female rats to arsenic deprivation. A 2 x 2 x 2 factorially arranged experiment used groups of six weanling Sprague-Dawley rats. Dietary variables were arsenic at 0 or 0.5 microgram/g and DEM at 0 or 0.25%; the third variable was gender. Animals were fed for ...