Jump to Main Content
- Nielsen, Forrest H.; Zimmerman, Thomas J.; Shuler, Terrence R.
- Biological trace element research 1982 v.4 no.2-3 pp. 125
- nickel; copper; iron; nutrient-nutrient interactions; mineral content; nutrient content; liver; blood; blood plasma; blood lipids; mineral metabolism; rats
- ... In two fully crossed, three-way, two by three by three, factorially arranged experiments, female weanling rats were fed a basal diet supplemented with iron at 15 and 45 μg/g, nickel at 0, 5, and 50 μg/g and copper at 0, 0.5, and 5 μg/g (Expt. 1) or 0, 0.25, and 12 μg/g (Expt. 2). Expt. 1 was terminated at 11 weeks, and Expt. 2 at 8 weeks because, at those times, some rats fed no supplemental coppe ...
- Klevay, Leslie M.
- Biological trace element research 1982 v.4 no.2-3 pp. 95
- dietary minerals; magnesium; calcium; copper; zinc; dietary nutrient sources; nutrient requirements; epidemiological studies; nutrient deficiencies; myocardial ischemia; risk factors
- ... Meals of 12 diets were prepared from conventional foods with precautions against contamination by metallic elements because of epidemiologic associations between ischemic heart disease and the metabolism of magnesium, calcium, copper, and zinc. Magnesium, calcium, copper, and zinc were measured by atomic absorption spectrometry with satisfactory accuracy and precision. The mean daily amount of cop ...