Jump to Main Content
- Elsamanoudy, Ayman Z., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biological trace element research 2014 v.158 no.3 pp. 334-341
- apoptosis; biomarkers; chromium; cobalt; gene expression; genes; molybdenum; prostheses; reproductive disorders; seminal plasma
- ... Seminal quality could be affected by metallosis caused by intramedullary nailing (IMN). Our objectives were to estimate metal ion levels in the seminal plasma of subjects with IMN, to determine their effects on semen parameters and on spermatozoal apoptotic gene expression, and to determine whether these expressed genes could be used as candidate biomarkers of seminal deterioration in individuals ...
- Elsamanoudy, Ayman Z., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biological trace element research 2014 v.162 no.1-3 pp. 95-105
- DNA fragmentation; apoptosis; arsenic; cadmium; carcinogens; caspase-3; chromium; chronic exposure; death; gene expression; genes; humans; in vitro studies; men; pollutants; prostate-specific antigen; prostatic neoplasms; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; salts
- ... Prostate cancer is one of the most common cancers and the second cause of cancer-related deaths among men. Metals are recognized as chemical carcinogens where chronic exposures to such metals are implicated in the development of cancer, including prostate cancer. This in vitro study demonstrates the relative death sensitivity of prostatic (RWPE-1) cells to arsenic (As), cadmium (Cd), and chromium ...