Jump to Main Content
- Piechal, Agnieszka; Blecharz-Klin, Kamilla; Pyrzanowska, Justyna; Widy-Tyszkiewicz, Ewa
- Biological trace element research 2016 v.172 no.2 pp. 408-418
- zinc sulfate, etc ; correlation; cortex; crossing over; dietary mineral supplements; drinking water; enzymes; hippocampus; memory; rats; transcription factors; zinc; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Animal brain contains a significant amount of zinc, which is a cofactor for more than 300 enzymes. Moreover, it provides the basis for functioning of more than 2000 transcription factors, and it is necessary for memory formation and learning processes in the brain. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of zinc supplementation on behavior in 3-month-old rats. For this purpose, the Mor ...
- PubMed Central:
- Hergenreder, J. E.; Legako, J. F.; Dinh, T. T. N.; Spivey, K. S.; Baggerman, J. O.; Broadway, P. R.; Beckett, J. L.; Branine, M. E.; Johnson, B. J.
- Biological trace element research 2016 v.171 no.2 pp. 315-327
- zinc sulfate, etc ; Holstein; adipose tissue; animal health; animal performance; bioactive properties; carcass characteristics; fatty acid composition; feedlots; genes; growth performance; harvest date; lipids; messenger RNA; methionine; myosin heavy chains; nutrients; protein synthesis; skeletal muscle; stearoyl-CoA desaturase; steers; zilpaterol hydrochloride; zinc; zinc methionine; Minnesota; New Jersey; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Providing cattle a more bioavailable zinc (Zn) source prior to administering a beta adrenergic agonist (βAA) may enhance the metabolic pool of primary nutrients that will influence the magnitude of the βAA response. Calf-fed Holstein steers were supplemented with a Zn methionine supplement (ZnMet; ZINPRO®; Zinpro Corporation, Eden Prairie, MN) for 115 ± 5 days prior to harvest along with zilpatero ...
- PubMed Central: