Jump to Main Content
- Aslam, Tiffany J.; Benton, Tim G.; Nielsen, Uffe N.; Johnson, Scott N.
- Biology and fertility of soils 2015 v.51 no.5 pp. 637-644
- Eucalyptus; Nematoda; community structure; ecosystem services; ecosystems; forestry; irrigation; mineral fertilizers; mites; nutrient availability; nutrient-nutrient interactions; planning; soil; soil invertebrates; solubilization
- ... Short-rotation forestry systems provide a range of ecosystem goods and services, yet the effects of intensive management on soil invertebrate community composition and ecosystem functioning are relatively unknown. Using an established eucalypt plantation study system, we investigated the effects of irrigation and inorganic fertilisation, and a dual fertilisation and irrigation treatment, on soil i ...
- Tian, Wei; Zhang, Zhenhua; Hu, Xiaofeng; Tian, Ran; Zhang, Jibing; Xiao, Xingji; Xi, Yunguan
- Biology and fertility of soils 2015 v.51 no.5 pp. 593-603
- Brassica rapa subsp. chinensis; Cichorium endivia; bacterial communities; cadmium; community structure; composts; copper; crops; field experimentation; genetic variation; heavy metals; lead; organic production; principal component analysis; sampling; sequence analysis; soil; soil amendments; sustainable development; swine; vegetable growing; zinc
- ... A 4-month field experiment was conducted in an organic vegetable production system; two crops, Brassica chinensis and Cichorium endivia L., were cultivated successively and treated with 0 (CKC), 30 (PC1), 60 (PC2), or 120 (PC3) t ha⁻¹ of pig manure-based compost. The replicated and heavy application of pig manure-based compost increased the total amounts of some heavy metals (Zn, Cu, Pb, and Cd) i ...