Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Jichen; Rhodes, Geoff; Huang, Qiwei; Shen, Qirong
- Biology and fertility of soils 2018 v.54 no.6 pp. 731-742
- Zygomycota, etc ; Ascomycota; community structure; developmental stages; fungal communities; nitrogen fertilizers; organic fertilizers; plant growth; saprotrophs; soil fungi; soil sampling; soil temperature; urea nitrogen; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Fungal communities may have different response to fertilization under different conditions. Therefore, it is necessary to reveal the effects of fertilizations on fungal communities considering temporal heterogeneity at different crop stages. To address this, soil samples were collected across eight typical plant growth stages of a wheat-rice rotation system under four fertilization regimes: no nit ...
- Huffman, Michael S.; Madritch, Michael D.
- Biology and fertility of soils 2018 v.54 no.8 pp. 985-997
- Zygomycota, etc ; Acidobacteria; Ascomycota; Basidiomycota; biogeochemistry; burning; carbon; community structure; ecosystems; fire severity; forests; fungal communities; fungi; indicator species; soil; soil bacteria; soil organic matter; soil respiration; wildfires; United States; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The ecosystem response to wildfire is often linked to fire severity, with potentially large consequences for belowground biogeochemistry and microbial processes. While the impacts of wildfire on belowground processes are generally well documented, it remains unclear how fire affects the fine-scale composition of microbial communities. Here, we investigate the composition of soil bacterial and fung ...