Jump to Main Content
- Huffman, Michael S.; Madritch, Michael D.
- Biology and fertility of soils 2018 v.54 no.8 pp. 985-997
- Zygomycota, etc ; Acidobacteria; Ascomycota; Basidiomycota; biogeochemistry; burning; carbon; community structure; ecosystems; fire severity; forests; fungal communities; fungi; indicator species; soil; soil bacteria; soil organic matter; soil respiration; wildfires; United States; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The ecosystem response to wildfire is often linked to fire severity, with potentially large consequences for belowground biogeochemistry and microbial processes. While the impacts of wildfire on belowground processes are generally well documented, it remains unclear how fire affects the fine-scale composition of microbial communities. Here, we investigate the composition of soil bacterial and fung ...
- Hatamoto, Masashi; Tanahashi, Takanori; Murase, Jun; Matsuya, Kazuo; Hayashi, Motoki; Kimura, Makoto; Asakawa, Susumu
- Biology and fertility of soils 2008 v.44 no.3 pp. 527-532
- Zygomycota, etc ; Ascomycota; Chytridiomycota; Ciliophora; composts; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; drainage; flooded conditions; fungi; paddies; paddy soils; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; rice; rice straw; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... To estimate the succession and phylogenetic composition of the eukaryotic communities responsible for the decomposition of rice straw compost under flooded conditions during the cultivation period of paddy rice, denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE) analysis targeting 18S rDNA followed by sequencing was conducted in a Japanese paddy field. The eukaryotic communities in rice straw compost ...