Jump to Main Content
- Keller, Shauni; Toebes, B. Jelle; Wilson, Daniela A.
- Biomacromolecules 2018 v.20 no.3 pp. 1135-1145
- biocompatibility; catalysts; polymers
- ... Nature’s motors are complex and efficient systems, which are able to respond to many different stimuli present in the cell. Nanomotors for biomedical applications are designed to mimic nature’s complexity; however, they usually lack biocompatibility and the ability to adapt to their environment. Polymeric vesicles can overcome these problems due to the soft and flexible nature of polymers. Herein ...
- Santos, Madson R. E.; Mendonça, Patrícia V.; Almeida, Mariana C.; Branco, Rita; Serra, Arménio C.; Morais, Paula V.; Coelho, Jorge F. J.
- Biomacromolecules 2018 v.20 no.3 pp. 1146-1156
- Gram-negative bacteria; anti-infective agents; antibacterial properties; composite polymers; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; infectious diseases; minimum inhibitory concentration; molecular weight; polymerization; reducing agents; scanning electron microscopy
- ... Infections caused by bacteria represent a great motif of concern in the health area. Therefore, there is a huge demand for more efficient antimicrobial agents. Antimicrobial polymers have attracted special attention as promising materials to prevent infectious diseases. In this study, a new polymeric system exhibiting antimicrobial activity against a range of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacter ...