Jump to Main Content
- Banerjee, Avik; Guria, Chandan; Maiti, Subodh Kumar; Banerjee, Chiranjib; Shukla, Pratyoosh
- Biomass and bioenergy 2019 v.125 pp. 95-104
- Nannochloropsis; algorithms; biomass; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon nitrogen ratio; carbon sequestration; decision making; flue gas; light intensity; lipids; metabolism; microalgae; mineral fertilizers; nutrients; response surface methodology; salinity
- ... As atmospheric CO2 is rising alarmingly, focused research on microalgal based bio-mitigation of CO2 has become relevant. With the aim of single-objective maximization, response surface methodology (RSM) study was employed through central composite design (CCD) for the phototropic cultivation of Nannochloropsis sp. using Flue gas and synthetic fertilizer (NPK-10:26:26). Influence of crucial externa ...
- Kainthola, Jyoti; Kalamdhad, Ajay S.; Goud, Vaibhav V.
- Biomass and bioenergy 2019 v.125 pp. 8-16
- Hydrilla verticillata; ammonia; anaerobic digestion; biochemical pathways; biodegradation; biomass; carbon; carbon nitrogen ratio; energy; kinetics; logit analysis; methane; methane production; nitrogen; reaction kinetics; redox potential; rice straw
- ... Rice straw is a widely existing lignocellulosic waste with high potential for methane production. However, high carbon/nitrogen (C/N) ratio of rice straw causes the poor process stability for mono-digestion. This study investigated the co-digestion of rice straw and hydrilla verticillata (nitrogen rich co-substrate) at different C/N ratios to enhance biomass degradation. Different C/N ratios revea ...