Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Hui; Zhao, Ning; Yao, Huiyin; Qin, Han; Zeng, Jie; Ran, Yulu; Yang, Yunbo; Qiao, Dairong; Cao, Yi
- Biomass and bioenergy 2019 v.120 pp. 387-395
- biorefining, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; ammonium; biomass production; corn stover; cost effectiveness; enzymatic hydrolysis; feedstocks; fermentation; hydrolysates; lignin; lignocellulose; lipid content; lipids; scanning electron microscopy; sugars; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... A cost-efficient system was developed for the production of single cell oil from lignocellulosic biomass. The pretreatment of corn stover by ammonium carbonate-steam explosion was performed. A maximum lignin removal rate of 47.26% was observed and confirmed by SEM, XRD and FTIR. In the process of enzymatic hydrolysis, higher initial enzyme loadings were used to reduce the reaction time to 24 h. Un ...
- Ghysels, Stef; Ronsse, Frederik; Dickinson, Dane; Prins, Wolter
- Biomass and bioenergy 2019 v.122 pp. 349-360
- biorefining, etc ; Populus; biochar; ethanol; ethanol production; feedstocks; guidelines; lignin; lignocellulose; nutrients; pyrolysis; soil amendments; statistics; straw; temperature; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Lignin-rich digested stillage as a novel feedstock for biochar production was subjected to slow pyrolysis. The lignin residue stemmed from a lignocellulosic ethanol pilot run with poplar, from which the stillage was anaerobically digested prior to pyrolysis. Pyrolysis conditions were optimized to meet guidelines put forth by the International Biochar Initiative and the European Biochar Certificate ...